The Reeks District
We would like to keep it a secret, but we really wanted to tell you…
- Take a dip in the Lake before Breakfast.
- Enjoy a stroll around our beautiful Lakeside Gardens.
- Try a game of Lawn Croquet.
- Get ready for a catch as you fish on Caragh Lake.
- Take-in a stunning sunrise or sunset / or a tranquil kayak on the Lake.
- In the heart of the Reeks District enjoy a challenging Bohereen Loop Walk through Caragh up in to Glencar and back to Carrig.
- With our bike hire explore the back roads and trails of Caragh Lake, Glencar and our famous Mountain Passes – Ballagh Beama and Ballagh Óisín taking in Blackstones Bridge and Lickeen Woods.
- Relax with a lakeside pre-dinner drink at sunset!
Carrig Country House is a proud member of the Reeks District.
The Top Twenty Things to See & Do Locally
- Fishing on Caragh Lake
- Walk around Caragh Lake taking in the Kerry Highlands of Glencar or enjoy the local section of The Kerry Way
- Cycle around Caragh Lake taking in the Kerry Highlands of Glencar
- Enjoy a Day of Adventure at Cappanalea Outdoor Education & Training Centre
- Canoeing, Kayaking, Sea Kayaking, Sailing, Windsurfing, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing & Orienteering
- A Round of Golf at Dooks, Killorglin or Waterville Golf Clubs
- Horse Riding on Rossbeigh Beach
- A Visit to the Kerry Bog Village – a fascinating insight into how people lived and worked on the Atlantic Coast of Ireland in the 18th. Century
- A day on the Beach – Rossbeigh, Dooks & Kells Bay
- Bird Watching
- Climb Carrantuohill – Ireland’s highest mountain
- Visit Local Artist Pauline Bewick’s Kerry Collection in Killorglin
- Experience the mystical magnificent Ballagh Beama and Ballagh Óisín Mountain Passes
- Visit Skellig Michael – a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Kerry’s Signature Points for the Wild Atlantic Way
- Explore the Ring of Kerry and Wild Atlantic Way From Our Doorstep!